General Accountant Hybrid
|Permanent||Up to: $80,000.00|
|Education||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Monday, January 10, 2022|
We are engaged with a top client of ours in Ottawa, assisting with locating an Accountant to join their reputable organization. This is an exciting opportunity for an intermediate level full cycle accountant that allows for a hybrid work model. This position is a full time and permanent role, Monday through Friday, hours of work are between 8am to 5pm. If you are in pursuit of your CPA or near completion of this designation and are looking to start with a new company in 2022, we'd love to hear from you!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review and approve payroll journal entry prior to posting
- Perform accounting processes related to accounts receivable and revenue deferrals, including verifying and reconciling invoicing requirements for all journals, processing credit card transactions, ensuring payments are correctly recorded and collections, and reviewing and reconciling banking activity.
- Maintain deferred revenue schedules and reconciles monthly
- Participate in process improvements and new system implementations
- Maintain collections report
- Perform accounting processes related to Revenue recognition and accruals, including entering incoming wire transfers
- Complete account reconciliations, bank reconciliations and other month end processes
- Update Foreign Exchange rates in Great Plains, weekly and at month end
- Prepare necessary supporting documentation for annual audit and assists auditors as required during audit
- Assist Controller with preparation of month end reports and working papers
- Act as a back up to payroll and accounts payable functions as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Three to five years (3-5) of work experience in full cycle accounting, month end processes, revenue recognition accounting principles, and accounts receivable functions
- Completed University degree or accounting diploma
- Working towards CPA designation is preferred
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills; experience with Great Plains accounting software.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
Please apply today. For more information on this position, please contact email@example.com. We thank all interested candidates for their applications, candidates who meet the requirements of this position will be contacted.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks