Senior Compensation Manager - Banking
|Financial Services & Insurance||Human Resources|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Monday, January 10, 2022|
Our client, an international bank, is seeking to bring a Senior Compensation Manager to their team. In this role, you will lead compensation for Canada and work closely in partnership with the US. You will also lead the design of total rewards and recognition strategies and oversee the HR Risk/Compliance/Audit functions within HR. You will work with various stakeholders and executive committee members within the organization in this role.
The role offers fully remote work, base plus bonus, as well as a competitive benefits package.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage compensation plans and lead year-end compensation activities
- Lead the implementation if the compensation structure through job analysis and external industry analysis
- Guide HRBP's and senior management on compensation related issues
- Make recommendations on decisions including market adjustments, incentive plans, hire rates, etc
- Utilize methodology to evaluate jobs in collaboration with HRBP's, ensuring that roles are fairly valued and equitable across the organization
- Lead the design and implementation of the rewards & recognition programs for Canada
- Work in partnership with the US employee experience team to lead the awards program for Canada
- Oversee self-audits to minimize HR risk exposure
- Develop policies & procedures to reduce HR compliance risks
- Supervise and identify business control failures
- Facilitate risk & compliance remediation and ensure adherence to HR risk framework
- Lead culture change projects for the Canadian branch
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 8+ years of HR experience within the banking/financial industry
- Degree in Human Resources or other business related field
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of employment legislation in Canada
- Strong partnerships with COE's
- Experience within a global bank preferred
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
One to two weeks