Communications Assistant - 1 Year (Maternity Leave Coverage)
|Non-Profit||Marketing & Communications|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Wednesday, December 22, 2021|
Our client, a Non-Profit Trade Association, is looking for a talented Communications Assistant to join their team on a 1 year assignment.
We are looking for a quick learner with experience managing social media and production of regular bulletins with strong writing and editing skills to contribute on more complex association outreach documents. A willingness to pitch in on other unrelated duties is expected as they are a small group and sometime its ‘all hands on deck!
This position is working from home full time, Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and offers $20-$25/hour depending on experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in the execution of communications strategies.
- Offer administrative support to projects and in-house teams.
- Create and edit communications copy (e.g. press releases, publications, social media posts).
- Help to maintain web content and implementation of social media strategies.
- Track projects and media exposure as well as update databases and media lists.
- Oversee internal communications and distribution channels.
- Maintain calendars, schedules and appointments.
- Help in researching, writing and editing content for distribution.
- Help the team develop public relations and promotional materials including the creation and distribution programs.
- Perform administrative duties such as answering calls, preparing presentations, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, and so on.
- Regularly collect data, prepare reports/presentations and evaluate the status of the company’s public image and make recommendations for expanding or improving the public image.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role.
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a remote work environment.
- Strong editing and researching skills.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written) skills.
- Strong organization skills and detail-oriented
- Proven proficiency in using various social media platforms including Hootsuite, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Proven skills in marketing communications, web content management, social media marketing or public relations is a must.
- Experience with event planning including creating a marketing outreach strategy, advertising the event, and working with advertisers and sponsors for the event.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Less than one week