FP&A Advisor 3 Year Term - Vancouver
|Permanent||Up to: $86,000.00|
|Education||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Friday, January 7, 2022|
One of our top clients in Vancouver is hiring a Financial Planning and Analysis Advisor for a 3 year term to join their growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced FP&A candidate to shine with their budgeting expertise. The ideal candidate will have superb communication and interpersonal skills to work very closely with executive leadership and communicate professionally regarding budgets and financial planning. Our client offers an attractive total compensation package including paid time off, vacation, pension and a hybrid work model.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide financial leadership, strategic advice, assessment and reporting to a portfolio of service departments and academic areas, including resource use, expenditure patterns, budgetary targets and key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Provide advice to directors and cost center managers on confidential budgetary matters to Identify opportunities to use operational and financial resources effectively. Consultation may include, but not limited to, restructuring, cost efficiency measures, or other labour matters that require consultation with various stakeholders.
- Prepare periodic and year-end financial reports and forecasts including variance analysis for operational management and Senior Leadership.
- Develop and present KPIs and key business drivers impacting operations.
- Provide guidance and direction to Financial Planning Analyst and staff in junior capacity, in performing a variety of financial activities to facilitate budget management in designated academic and administrative areas.
- Monitor the work of junior staff and addresses escalated issues accordingly.
- Use financial acumen to support strategic decision-making by providing advice and recommendations based on sound financial analysis.
- Provide operational budget support, promoting front line accountability.
- Identify risks, resolves issues and escalates as needed.
- Share best practices across portfolios and build financial models to analyze scenarios incorporating various funding or costing methodologies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Superior writing and presentation skills, with experience in development and review of business cases.
- Superior analytical skills including the ability to understand complex issues and present them in concise and meaningful ways.
- Strong computer and financial application skills including demonstrated advanced Excel skills and the ability to productively use Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to negotiate and persuade and tailor communications to your audience.
- Completion of professional accounting designation (CPA) and membership in good standing with regulatory body (CPABC).
- At least four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in financial analysis, variance reporting, forecasting and budgeting; managing a large number of departments, preferably in a large, complex multi-union organization.
- Intermediate knowledge of enterprise computerized information systems used in financial and accounting applications.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
Please apply today! For more information, please email email@example.com
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks