Director of Land Development
|Construction||Construction & Property Management|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, January 6, 2022|
A Director of Land Development is needed for one of our top clients.
As they continue to build on their development strategy, the Director of Land Dev will support the growing needs of the land development team, in helping to create and build communities.
This is a full-time permanent position, with an ideal start date in early 2022.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working alongside the Vice-President, Land Development, the Director, Land Development will lead large scale development projects from preliminary design, through provincial and municipal approvals processes, and into detailed design and site servicing.
- The Director, Land Development is responsible for managing, tracking, and coordinating all aspects of the application process, creating and managing budgets, and liaising with key stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience managing various land development initiatives in residential and/or commercial projects.
- They will also be highly organized, detail oriented and have a pro-active attitude to keep the development process moving forward.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team through study and design processes for proposed new communities.
- Lead municipal and provincial approvals processes.
- Direct the preparation and submissions of development application files including community design plans, official plan amendments, zoning by-law amendments and committee of adjustment applications.
- Lead the creation and tracking master project schedules and budgets on a monthly basis, address discrepancies as needed.
- Create and manage various budgets and financial items, including consulting services and tax invoices.
- Assign tasks to the consulting team and follow-up to ensure that the tasks are being completed in a timely manner.
- Review all work prior to dissemination to internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct due diligence and feasibility studies for acquiring new development properties.
- Work with internal team members in construction, drafting, sales, accounting and legal teams to execute on projects from inception to completion.
- Regularly attend site visits and meetings.
- Proactively work with the Vice-President to manage changes in project scope, identify potential critical issues and devise contingency plans.
- Maintain and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Review and negotiate contracts.
- Liaise as needed with key stakeholders, including consultants, partners, City staff, and community members while building and maintaining strong relationships as ne
- All other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Post-secondary education in engineering, architecture, architectural design, urban design/planning or a related field is desired.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in land development.
- Strong understanding and ability to navigate the municipal approvals process such as official plan amendments, zoning amendments, committee of adjustment, draft plan of subdivision, subdivision registrations etc.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, verbal and written in English.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with keen attention to detail and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to nurture and grow relationships.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrates a passion for urban planning and land development.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Work, PowerPoint).
- Experience working for an engineering firm would be considered an asset.
- Experience managing direct reports would be considered an asset.
- Valid drivers license with the ability to travel throughout the City would be considered an asset.
- Physical/Sensory Effort/Work Environment:
- Working primarily in an office environment with regular meeting on various construction sites.
- Provide service to multiple people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines.
- Overtime as required.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree
-Company offers very competitive salaries and end of the year performance bonuses
-37.5 hour work week
-blend office and work from home option
-benefits: medical, dental, health
-4 weeks vacation, 10 paid sick days
Please send your resume directly to Linnaea@AltisRecruitment.com
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks