General Accountant - Join a thriving Urban Design firm!
|Professional Services||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Friday, January 7, 2022|
Our client, a thriving Urban Design firm located in the heart of downtown Toronto, is currently seeking a General Accountant to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis. This hybrid work opportunity has the General Accountant reporting directly to the Director of Finance and is responsible for client billing and accounts payable functions, reconciliations and reporting as requested.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Accounts Payable including but not limited to coding, entry, preparation of payments, vendor file management and credit card reconciliations
- Management of employee expenses entries, reconciliation and payments
- Monthly client invoicing and liaising with project teams for invoice revisions as required
- Report preparation and distribution to clients and project teams
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Amortization schedule maintenance
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in a dedicated accounting capacity
- Experience within a professional firm (Urban Design, Law, Architecture, Engineering, etc.) is strongly preferred
- Diploma or degree in finance, commerce, accounting or related field
- Progressive experience in accounts payable and client invoicing in a project accounting environment
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Deltek software experience is strongly preferred
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
If this role is of interest to you, apply directly or send your resume to email@example.com to be immediately considered!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks