Language Translator (Ukrainian/Russian/English)
|See Description||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, May 10, 2022|
We are currently looking for a full and/or part-time translator to be accountable for translating and proofreading a wide variety of English content into Ukrainian/Russian and vice versa. The successful candidate will also be responsible for adapting content suitable for clients, both linguistically and culturally, in alignment with brand and communication standards.
This position can be as well as permanent or contract base.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Translate a variety of written and verbal material such as administration and management, reports, correspondence, legal documents, work descriptions, speeches, media lines, publications, letters, memoranda, questionnaires, financial, scientific and technical reports, minutes of meetings and conferences, technical specifications and other texts
- Revise, proofread, verify, and correct texts translated by other translators
- Communicate with authors, originators, clients, resource persons, etc.
- Design the layout of the documents/manuals
- Contact clients to obtain additional information as needed and carry out all research required to provide an accurate translation.
- Provide quality client service and return projects within agreed deadlines
Qualifications and Experience
- Ukrainian and Russian language native speaker proficiency
- University degree in translation with a specialization in translation, interpretation, or terminology in two languages or University degree in a related discipline such as languages, linguistics, philology
- 2+ years’ experience as full-time translator working in two languages (Ukrainian/English and or Russian/English)
- Experience performing QA/QC checks on documents
- Ability to translate in the range of 1500 to 2000 words per day
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +