Accountant / Financial Analyst
|Permanent||Up to: $65,000.00|
|Professional Services||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, January 4, 2022|
Our client is a reputable consulting firm located in Burlington looking to hire an experienced Accountant/Financial Analyst on a full-time permanent basis. This is an amazing opportunity for those who have full-cycle accounting experience and who enjoys contributing to small office environment. We are looking for someone confident who can hit the ground running. This is for a fully onsite role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Independently ensuring the validity and accuracy of the corporation’s financial data by processing documents as they relate to all core accounting functions (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, General Ledger, and Other Assets and Liabilities)
- Analyzing, reconciling, balancing and maintaining accurate ledgers
- Performing month-end & year-end reconciliations & close activities
- Generating monthly financial statements, including Balance Sheet, Income Statement & Cash Flow
- Preparing year-end working papers for annual audit
- Preparing all government remittances including but not limited to: HST, WSIB, Source Deductions, corporate tax installments
- Supporting the CO-CEO and project teams with financial requirements for both project and consulting engagements; i.e. project cashflow schedule development and monitoring, project budget development, contract monitoring, etc.
- Manage the day to day operations of the office and additional Office Manager/ Administrative duties
Qualifications and Experience
- 8-10+ years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping and administration
- Accounting degree or diploma, and/or Certified Professional Bookkeeper accreditation
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficient in Quickbooks, Microsoft Office and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized and be able to prioritize tasks
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
If you are ready for a challenge and have the experience and requirements for this role then please send us your resume right away. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks