Bilingual Health and Safety Officer
|Broader Public Sector||Human Resources|
|Fluent French and English||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, January 20, 2022|
Our client, a Crown Corporation, is seeking to add a Bilingual Health and Safety Officer to their team! This is a permanent position that is offering a remote working environment currently.
The successful candidate will be fluent in both English and French, have a minimum of 3 years' experience in a Health and Safety role, and have in depth knowledge of WHMIS regulations and OHS policies and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Health & Safety programs
- Update and monitor procedures and compliance
- Deliver health and safety awareness orientation for employees
- Maintain all compliance documentation, as well as develop training material and conduct presentations
- Lead the safety review of all accident/incident reports and conduct investigations to come up with solutions for prevention
- Conduct health and safety audits
- Manage service contracts (hazardous waste, environmental stewardship and recycling programs)
- Oversee Return to Work and Rehabilitation programs
- Participate in JHSC meetings and maintain records
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree of College Diploma in Health and Safety, Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Health and Safety position
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- In depth knowledge of WHMIS regulations
- Strong knowledge of health and safety best practices and procedures and knowledge of Canada Labour Code
- JHSC Certification a strong asset
- Must have/be able to obtain a Reliability Security Clearance
- Must be fully fluent in English and French
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
One to two weeks