Logistics and Documentation Coordinator - Onsite, Midtown
|Engineering||Supply Chain & Logistics|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, November 25, 2021|
We are currently recruiting for a Logistics and Documentation Coordinator with our client, an engineering and procurement company, located in Midtown near Yonge and Eglinton. This opportunity is well-suited to a candidate with 5+ years of experience in Logistics, with a focus on Import. To share what the day to day could look like in this role, the Coordinator must be able to provide timely answers to the following questions:
- Where is the shipment?
-What Ocean or Air and inland options are best suited to get the product to its final destination?
-What documentation is required for importation/customs clearance into Canada, the US and Latin America?
-What is the import duty rate on…? What about countervailing duties? Antidumping? And/or know where obtain this information.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Source quotes for ocean freight, de-stuffing, transload and local delivery depending on purchase terms presented by Account Managers
- Manage freight surcharge requests and acquire approval to proceed on shipments from the warehouse/customer.
- Prepare and file ISF document with customs broker 24-96 hours before US bound vessel departure
- On time compiling, verification and submission of import clearance documents
- Creation of appropriate invoicing (ship notice) and mill payment package folders
- Announce shipment and relevant service updates to warehouses/customers
- Relay final mile instructions to our US or CAD broker as well as trucker
- Ensure MTRs & PLs meet customer/industry specifications. Manage document send outs
- Track incoming shipments and provide updates to team and warehouses.
- Follow up with forwarder or carrier for delivery confirmations
- Troubleshoot any issues such as port/terminal congestion, delivery delays, storage
- •Assist with expediting of documents from the Mills/Suppliers
- Analyze and report on the Drewry Index each Thursday to capture freight market trends
- Review ADD/CVD cases for new investigations/Yearly & Sunset review, save relevant documents and update changes if applicable. Routine check on base duty rates
- Reconcile and approve monthly US and CAD broker statements
- Reconcile and approve vendor, freight forwarders, carriers and/or steamship lines billing
Qualifications and Experience
- Critical thinking, ability to analyze situations/docs and quickly find solutions
- High degree of accuracy/detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to assume responsibility
- 5-8+ years of logistics experience (heavy emphasis on import but some export knowledge would be a plus)
- Proactive with superior time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A strong sense of ‘customer service'
- Intermediate-Advanced MS Office
- Post-secondary education
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +