Financial Analyst - FP&A
|Non-Profit||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, November 25, 2021|
Our prestigious client - a non -profit organization - has two exciting openings for Financial Analysts. These are both full-time permanent opportunities with a competitive salary, 4 weeks paid vacation + exceptional benefits and a fantastic opportunity to grow in the company. Additionally, our client is offering 100% remote work.
The ideal candidate would have 5+ years of progressive financial planning and analysis experience with advanced excel skills. We are looking for someone with confidence to provide excellent support to executives by preparing accurate and timely budgets and forecasts. The successful individual must be able to analyze and interpret data to draw out insights and drive better business decisions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Financial Management:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports of project activities after incorporating the field transactions for the disbursements made for overseas project operations.
- Provide regular financial analysis of project implementation and offer recommendations for possible improved courses of action to ensure efficient use of project funds.
- Prepare donor financial reports that are comprehensive and meet all requirements specified by the donor.
- Review field bank reconciliations and manage the cash balances for the projects.
- Provide training and support to project finance staff overseas in terms of accounting, preparation of their country/project budgets, donor requirements, and allocation of expenditures etc.
- Identify, improve and standardize country financial processes where possible.
- Ensure strong collaboration with project partners, including budget and risk management
- Prepare and present financial reports in consortium or program meetings.
- Communicate with donors on issues related to the financial management of projects.
- Financial Accounting:
- Hands on responsibility to perform month-end and year-end closings, deferred revenue reconciliations, monthly sub-ledger balancing, review and verification of all payments, exchange rate calculations, preparation of month-end journal entries, and maintaining the chart of accounts for projects.
- For new projects, build the project chart of accounts and set the project up in accounting software
- Prepare detailed project working papers and year-end reconciliation of project accounts.
- Support audits commissioned by donor agencies including monitoring visits.
- Participate in internal audits of projects supported by the company
- Internal Controls:
- Ensure implementation of necessary financial controls and due diligence (review of periodical reports, frequent monitoring visits and internal audits in the field, etc.)
- Ensure that established control procedures are in place and suggest improvements if needed.
- Prepare detailed annual project budgets in conjunction with project staff.
- Provide support in financial aspects of new project proposal development for submission to various donors.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in corporate accounting, and project accounting with international operations.
- Strong accounting technical abilities.
- Proficiency in computer skills, spreadsheets (Excel), accounting packages (QuickBooks, SAGE 50), and communications packages (MS Word, and Power Point).
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and ability to use functions such as V-Lookups and Pivot Tables
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains will be a definite asset.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills. Capacity to identify and articulate potential problems and provide possible solutions in a concise and clear manner.
- Pro-active with a strong desire to learn.
- Excellent communication skills and strong team player.
- Fluent in English and French an asset
If you are interested and qualified for this role, please apply online today and email me at email@example.com
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +