|Health Care & Science||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, November 25, 2021|
Our client, a regulatory non profit within the healthcare industry is looking for a legal administrator to join their growing team! The ideal candidate will have experience managing a legal file from end to end, and be able to anticipate the progression of legal files in accordance with the Rules of Civil Procedure.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review legal documents to confirm whether a legal case type is the appropriate case problem type and determine appropriate court procedure
- Prepare and receive communication to and from General Counsel and Provincial Counsel
- Review legal documents to determine outstanding evidentiary matters
- Review legal files to ensure all information is received in a timely manner
- Maintain and update legal information according to changes occurring throughout the life of a legal action
- Keep abreast of changes in the legislation and/or Rules of Court
- Liaise with General Counsel and Provincial Counsel
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience working in a civil litigation environment and working independently as a litigation Law Clerk, Legal Assistant or Paralegal
- Diploma or certificate from a Law Clerk, Legal Assistant, or Paralegal program
- Comprehensive knowledge of Rules of Procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested, please apply below for IMMEDIATE consideration
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.