Manager, Financial Analysis - Work from home with a Non-Profit!
|Non-Profit||Finance & Accounting|
|See Description||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Wednesday, November 24, 2021|
Our client, a non-profit organization with a head office in Ottawa, is currently seeking a Manager of Financial Analysis to join their team on a permanent, full-time basis with the ability to work remotely. This is a supervisory position within the finance team that requires the incumbent to both directly manage their assigned projects and supervise financial staff assigned to given portfolios of projects. As this is an opportunity that allows for remote work, applicants from outside the Ottawa area will also be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review and support financial analysts in the preparation of financial analysis and donor financial reporting
- Produce internal financial management reports
- In conjunction with project financial analysts and field finance staff develop project budgets and forecasts
- Develops, implements and maintains up-to-date financial controls, procedures and tools
- Supports financial analysts in month-end and year-end closings, account reconciliations, exchange rate calculations, preparation of month-end journal entries, and maintaining the chart of accounts for projects
- Communicate with donors on issues related to the financial management of projects
- Design and develop financial reports and reporting tools and templates
- Support donor audits and compliance activities
- Supervise a team of financial analysts by determining priorities, assigning work tasks, coordinating processes, providing advice, and direction and coaching
- Provide training and guidance to field finance in terms of accounting, preparation of their project budgets, donor requirements, and allocation of expenditures etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required; Master’s degree an asset
- Minimum ten years of experience, with at least five years in a supervisory position;
- Experience in project administration (preferably international development projects) is preferred;
- Negotiating skills and ability to deal at senior levels with bank officials, auditors, funding agencies and contract partners is essential;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with staff at all levels are critical
- Complete fluency in English is required. French is a strong asset
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
To be immediately considered for this exciting opportunity, please apply directly or send your resume to email@example.com today!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +