Bilingual Senior Site Superintendent - Construction
|Construction||Construction & Property Management|
|English 100%, French 90%||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Wednesday, November 24, 2021|
Altis Recruitment, on behalf of our client - a general contractor working in the National Capital Region (Gatineau / Ottawa) is looking for a candidate to fill the position of site superintendent, focusing on ICI and heavy residential high-rise projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and supervise construction work on site;
- Keep the construction schedule up to date and communicate it regularly with subcontractors in order to properly manage them;
- Supervise a team of subcontractors to ensure that the work is completed in the rules of the art such as construction plans and specifications, standards and laws in force;
- Establish priorities and direct subcontractors according to the work schedule;
- Establish change orders and have them approved by management before proceeding;
- Minimize budgetary impacts by respecting the decisions of the director and/or project manager;
- Control the quality of the work and the correction of deficiencies;
- Act as the company's representative on the construction site and according to the company's values;
- Follow up with the project manager and/or project manager and report if there are any deadlines on the schedule or problems on site;
- Participate in site meetings and plan and coordinate coordination meetings with subcontractors;
- Ensure compliance with and put into practice the prevention program and occupational health and safety standards;
- Write employees' daily reports and timesheets;
- Other related tasks.
Qualifications and Experience
- Have a minimum of five to ten (5-10) years of construction experience with a general contractor;
- College diploma in civil engineering or architecture (or relevant experience);
- Be fluently bilingual (French and English) (spoken and written);
- · Have a sense of organization;
- · Have a sense of leadership, a good team spirit and collaboration;
- . Demonstrate professionalism and resourcefulness;
- Have a good command of reading plans and specifications;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Knowledge of construction standards and law;
- Valid driver's license and vehicle
- General health and safety course on construction sites – ASP Construction;
- Have an excellent command of reading plans and specifications;
- Knowledge of Procore software (an asset);
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please apply directly or reach out to Sarah at 613-696-9475 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks