IT Security Engineer
|Federal Government||Cyber Security|
|English verbal and written||Valid Enhanced Clearance|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Wednesday, November 24, 2021|
On behalf of our valued Federal Government clients, we are seeking an IT Security Engineer for a 2 year contract opportunity. In this role, you will be providing advice and leading activities to define both modern and Government of Canada approved Information Technology (IT) Security protocol implementation efforts in Cloud-based applications development. This is a full-time contract which is expected to begin upon contract award and will run until March 31, 2022, plus two extension option periods of one-year each.
The majority of the work is expected to be conducted remotely, with the possibility of on-site meetings at our client's office in Kitchener, ON.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform application security reviews and provide best practice recommendations verbally and/or in writing;
- Build Security architecture design;
- Perform threat modeling and penetration testing as required;
- Develop security guidance documentation.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a security engineering role
- 5+ years of experience working in a software development setting
- Experience implementing common security protocols (i.e. encryption, PKI, modern authentication)
- Hold a valid cyber security-based certification (i.e. CISSP, OSCP, CEH, GIAC)
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We appreciate all applicants, however only those who are qualified will be contacted.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +