Property Accountant Commercial Real Estate
|Property Management & Real Estate||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Wednesday, November 24, 2021|
Altis Recruitment is actively looking to hire a Property Accountant for a full-time and permanent role with a growing Property Management Company. Our client offers a healthy work culture, flexibility and the opportunity to grow.
If you are dynamic and have 5 years of full-cycle accounting experience, we would love to to see your application!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly and quarterly statements for a property portfolio of approximately 12 commercial retail properties.
- Update rent roll on a monthly basis, set up tenants based on new leases
- Calculate and record amortization for fix assets, tenant improvements etc.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts.
- Variance analysis on budget vs. actual and prior year.
- Complete monthly Bank Reconciliation for portfolio, including preparing entries for monthly mortgage payments; intercompany transactions; bank fees and charges.
- Maintain tenant ledgers and make adjustments as required.
- Deposit tenant’s rent cheques and process of EFT on a monthly basis and update monthly AR summary for all tenants.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in commercial property accounting. Experience MUST bee within the commercial
- Advanced experience using Excel.
- Experience using Yardi/JD Edwards or any property accounting Software is seen as an asset.
- Required to have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be an outgoing & enthusiastic individual. Our client is looking for someone bright and vibrant
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
If you are interested and qualified, please apply directly or email your most recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +