Foreman - Carpenter
|Construction||Construction & Property Management|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, November 23, 2021|
Our client, a well respected General Contractor in Ottawa, is hiring a Foreman/Carpenter. The selected candidate will be working with tools. Previous people management experience is preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for constructing and maintaining residences and buildings.
- Knowledge of residential construction and remodeling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety.
- Must be proficient at the following tasks: stain-grade trim work, hang doors, drill and set door hardware, set windows, layout for stairs and common rafters
- Must be able to read blueprints, utilize appropriate math skills, able to read blueprints, and must possess mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material estimates.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-Secondary education in construction related program is preferred
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- A strong core value, understanding and approach to safety with a proven safety record
- Proven ability to successfully manage job-site crews
- Ability to manage project schedule and resources to meet project expectations and timelines
- Carpenter’s license
- Valid Drivers License
- 3+ years of experience in Residential Construction
- Knowledge of the residential construction process
- Knowledge of residential framing and finish carpentry
- Well maintained vehicle
- High attention to detail
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.