Director of Transportation
|Manufacturing||Supply Chain & Logistics|
|See Description||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, November 23, 2021|
Altis Professional is actively recruiting for a Director of Transportation to work within a fast paced and dynamic environment with our well established client. This is a permanent opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
The successful candidate will lead all activities related to freight and asset management nationally and foster excellent relationships with vendors and clients. The Director of Transportation will be a professional who will drive a lot Change Management and Strategic initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with leaders and teams across and within lines of business
- Supervise department activities and initiatives, measuring against targets.
- Provide strategic leadership in the development and implementation of strategies
- Provide leadership and direction to staff, helping them to fully maximize their resources
- Create cost effective alternatives for transportation
- Build strong partnership across department to improve and drive business initiatives that enable physical logistics cost and service improvements
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience working in distribution, transportation or logistics space
- At least 3+ years of leadership experience
- Ability to travel across Canada (minimal)
- Must had the ability to manage multiple projects and programs simultaneously, manage staff, and delegate key areas of responsibility.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in developing and controlling budgets
- Strong negotiation skills
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
If you are interested and consider yourself to be qualified for the above position, please apply on the link following this message.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks
Two weeks +
Two weeks +