Project Management Professional Contract
|Broader Public Sector||Marketing & Communications|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, November 23, 2021|
In response to a new humanitarian project funded by the federal government, our client is seeking an experienced Project Manager for a term position until March 31st 2022; there is a strong possibility of extension past this date.
The goal of this project is to establish and grow the client's capacity to respond to large-scale domestic emergencies (examples: pandemics, floods etc.) with the first phase focusing on infrastructure building within the organization. The ideal consultant works well collaboratively to navigate multiple demands and personalities with minimal supervision and tight deadlines. Some travel is required.
The client's team is an engaging group of individuals who like to laugh (a lot) and have (virtual) fun throughout their workdays. They are motivated by improving the lives of others through supporting the organization's humanitarian response efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop project plans and establish project metrics
- Coordinate Training Development schedules
- Participate in Volunteer Management System project scheduling
- Report project progress including financial indicators
- Coordinate internal communications with stakeholders
- Prepare necessary updates to government departments on project status
- Measure performance indicators
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Coordinate equipment and material procurement with Regional Support Specialists
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 years (or more) of experience Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with MS Teams
- 3 years (or more) of experience in Project Management
- PMP certification
- Bilingual (English and French) is a strong asset
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks
Two weeks +
One to two weeks