Director of Communications & PR - Vancouver
|Retail||Marketing & Communications|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Monday, November 22, 2021|
Our client, a passionate group of professionals in the retail industry is seeking a Director of Communications and PR to join their team on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years of cumulative experience as well as strong experience working at the senior manager or director level, with a passion for sports and the outdoors.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Director of Brand Marketing to create a story-driven PR/Communications moments that support the business strategy, corporate vision and marketing, brand and product positioning
- Manage a holistic view of the organization's earned media and develop strategies for growing awareness and increasing engagement, including a mix of paid and unpaid tactics.
- Lead the social media program and scale the impact of our social media accounts across all platforms and verticals.
- Develop a turnkey strategy for reactive social engagement, providing guidance for Social Media Manager to respond to comments in real-time.
- Elevate the organization's level of creativity, identifying opportunities to capture attention, amplify our brand purpose & pillars, and expand our presence in key markets.
- Stay plugged into relevant trends and breaking news in the business, product, lifestyle, and e-commerce verticals, with the ability to move quickly to capitalize on PR opportunities
- Proactively manage relationships with key national and trade media partners
- Create and execute the company's corporate issues and crisis management program
- Identify, cultivate, train and prepare organization's Leadership so they are equipped to drive positive sentiment and brand awareness in the media, industry events (e.g., speaking opportunities) and social media
- Lead all Public Relations efforts including managing direct media relationships and relationships with various regional PR agencies and ensure maximum ROI on PR spend.
- Works closely with the CEO on media interviews.
- Pro-actively protect and improve the brand reputation by strategically and effectively managing media inquiries
- Lead all upcoming corporate launches and announcements
- Partner with Marketing and HR to define and deliver the Employer Branding Strategy to position the company as an employer of choice
- Own the communications budget, including agency/vendor management
- Track and report earned media performance and be able to report on ROI - develop and propose strategy recommendations according-ly
- Lead the internal communications strategy and build a best-in-class program that supports high levels employee engagement
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in communications, journalism, or PR with 7-10 years of job-related experience.
- Experience adapting effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior leadership on the development and communication of large-scale strategies and messaging
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Strong leadership & persuasion skills.
- Outstanding judgement with a balance of confidence, maturity, professionalism and high energy.
- Experience leading social media strategy
- Strong understanding of best practices and passion for crafting content across all earned media
- Experience building content frameworks, and strategies that grow and engage communities across all earned media
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
Apply today! #glassdoor
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks
Two weeks +
One to two weeks