Financial Analyst Government of Ontario
|Provincial Government||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Less than one week||Monday, November 22, 2021|
Our Government of Ontario client requires a Financial Analyst for a 5 month contract.
Roles and Responsibilities
- 1. Budget Analysis and Reporting
- - Analyzes and reports on budget analysis to inform decision making, including reviewing budget forecasts and actuals,
- monitoring funding and payments, preparing budget journals, ensuring project budgets are calendarized accurately, resolving discrepencies and reconciling to approved budgets.
- - Intergrates financial and non-financial information to assist the development, review and provision of financial and management reports. Analyzes and summarizes relevant financial information from various sources, including financial information systems for presentation to senior management.
- - Coordinates the preparation of budget allocations and related financial/performance tracking, analyses, reports, and recommendations; assists in coordinating the development of plans and estimates.
- - Conducts budget reconciliations, identified and explains variances, tracks and monitors expenditures patterns and trends. Recommends solutions to funding pressures and provides contributions to management in developing in-year financial submissions, and the redistribution of approved appropriations to reflect in-year funding decisions.
- - Prepares required monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting, ensuring proper controls are maintained.
- 2 . Financial Advice
- - Advises on financial and related matters such as budget controls, recording of accounting transactions, project reporting, and accounting policies and procedures.
- - Advises on issues including project budget modifications and reallocations, and coordinates ad hoc requests to answer queries and meet information requirements for the executive offices.
- - Advises on planning, implementing, monitoring expenditures, and assists in the preparation of estimates and financial forecasts, business cases, reports, and submissions..
- - Provides advice and assistance to project teams/service providers on interpretation and application of financial budgetary control and administrative policies, directives and guidelines.
- 3. Financial Reporting
- - Reviews, tracks, assesses and reports on overall project costing, budget, forecasting, financial decisions and implications, and makes observations on financial performance.
- - Responds to ad hoc requests for information, and prepares presentation materials for the team and management.
- 4. Knowledge
- - Government financial management processes, and general accounting principles and practices, budget allocation processs and controllership policies to apply established policies, procedures, guidelines and directives in order to oversee reporting, advise on project reporting requirements, and analyze project expenditure accounts to ensure budgetary control.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated and relevant experience as a financial analyst in a government setting
- Completed CPA, CA, CMA, CGA or enrollment
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
HOURLY RATE: $42.38/HR
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +