Accounting Assistant ~ Great company & compensation
|Professional Services||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Friday, November 26, 2021|
Our client, a leader in the Benefits Administration Industry, is looking for a driven and experienced Bookkeeper to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity and is 100% on site, with its office is located in Etobicoke.
The successful candidate will have experience performing full-cycle accounting responsibilities, a positive attitude, and is a team player.
This role provides a competitive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performing bookkeeping duties i.e.. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable
- Balancing A/R ledger to ensure all payments are accounted for
- Performing analysis, i.e. researching discrepancies, reporting findings
- Preparation of year end files
- Entering journal entries and accruals
- Processing monthly billings
- Processing payroll - pension benefits
- Providing support to the Accounting Manager
- Performing bank and account reconciliation
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive, go-getter attitude
- Ability to problem solve and be resourceful
- Ability to organize conflicting priorities and multiple tasks
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in a team-setting
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a bookkeeping role
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Advanced computer skills (email, word processing, financial software, spreadsheets, online banking systems)
- Experience using any of following systems: Sage, Caseware, Caseview, Paymate Clarity would be an asset.
- Diploma in Accounting is an asset.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
Two weeks +