Technical Support Analyst
|3 months plus extension|
|Broader Public Sector||Help Desk and Service Desk Support|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check vulnerable sector|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Friday, November 19, 2021|
Fantastic opportunity to join a great Vancouver organization on a long term contract.
The Desktop Support Analyst role is to provide support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all desktop hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. Working with the Technical Support team the incumbent will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, virtually or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, provide end-user assistance where required and follows up to ensure that issue has been resolved successfully.
Education and/or Occupational Certification
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
• MCSE would be advantageous
Experience and/or Achievements
• Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
• Previous experience working in a help desk environment would be an asset.
• Extensive equipment support experience with all Microsoft desktop operating systems and products.
• Understanding of current network protocols, operating systems and standards.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Experience with Manage Engine help desk application would be advantageous.
• Excellent technical knowledge of Dell PC and desktop hardware.
• Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components.
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
Skills and Abilities
• Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to deal tactfully with all levels of PGT employees.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• Excellent attention to detail.
Qualifications and Experience
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks