Receptionist Full time AND Part Time
|Non-Profit||Administration & Clerical|
|English 100%, French 90%||Criminal Check vulnerable sector|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Friday, November 19, 2021|
Roles and Responsibilities
- Carrying out all building/reception opening and closing procedures;
- Greeting visitors, determining their need and directing them accordingly; issue visitor passes when required;
- Managing a multi-line reception phone system; monitoring and responding to telephone and email inquiries from the public, clients and staff; redirecting calls or messages as appropriate.
- Responding, when appropriate, to questions about the organization and its various programs or services;
- Sorting and distributing all incoming mail and deliveries to appropriate recipients; ensuring that any outgoing mail is prepared and sent daily;
- Maintaining and replenishing the postage machine fund;
- Logging staff attendance and client appointments;
- Booking meeting rooms for staff or external partners, ensuring proper set-up and cleanliness, and lending support as needed;
- Ensuring an adequate supply of general forms and office supplies for Reception; ordering office supplies for staff;
- Liaising with the printing company for orders of branded stationary and business cards;
- Maintaining and distributing the staff telephone extension directory;
- Supporting the continued maintenance of the Reception Operational Manual and any other instruction/information as related to the role;
- Taking client payments and monetary donations; redirecting gifts-in-kind;
- Providing basic support to clients using the public computers, when required;
- Training new Reception staff;
- Arranging back-up for Reception when needed;
- Ensuring cleanliness and organization of entire reception space, including client waiting and child play areas, public computer area and mail room;
- Ensuring bulletin boards are up-to-date and pamphlet racks are stocked
- Assisting the Administration Manager with administrative duties, as required;
- Providing general administrative support to managers and their teams, as directed by the supervisor;
- Editing and formatting Word docs and creating Excel reports; performing data entry.
- Revising and editing texts (Eng. and Fr.); occasional brief translations;
- Processing client survey results;
- Supporting centre-wide campaigns and program promotion;
- Supporting communications initiatives;
- Photocopying, laminating, preparing mailing labels and mail-outs, preparing meeting material.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to work independently, as well as effectively in a team setting;
- Knowledge of administrative procedures, including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, email and Internet; knowledge of social media an asset;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, when required
- Post-secondary training in office management, administration or a related program, or an equivalent combination of experience and education;
- One year reception experience with a multi-line phone system, preferably in a multi-disciplinary setting and a not-for-profit organization;
- One-year administrative experience in an office environment
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, spoken and written
- Ability to communicate fluently in French, spoken and written
- Other languages reflective of the community we serve an asset.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +