Accounts Payable & Administrative Assistant (12 month contract - Remote Anywhere in Canada)
|Financial Services & Insurance||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Wednesday, November 24, 2021|
Our client in the private sector is seeking 2 (TWO) Accounts Payable & Administrative Assistants to join their team. This individual should be comfortable doing AP and Administrative functions and would have worked in a similar style role.
This is a remote position where the successful candidate can be located anywhere in Canada, however they must work PST hours as this is supporting the Vancouver office.
The work hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm PST and overtime may be required at times. They work a 7.5 hour work day and 37.5 hour work week.
The position will be paying between $26.50/hour
This is a 12 month remote contract with a possibility of extension or permanency based on performance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Accounts Payable and Administrative Assistant role is an individual contributor role that reports to the Controller. The candidate for this position will work closely with the accounting and finance leads, Contract Administrator, Billing and Census Specialist, and be responsible for:
- Reviewing invoices received against Purchase Orders, obtaining approvals when necessary and, entering them into the accounting system.
- Supporting team workflow, as needed, including printing, filing and organizing of both hard and soft copies of documents.
- Organized with a critical eye and attention to detail is essential for this position.
- Maintaining reliable records and work product for later reference and auditing.
- Completion of other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years working in a similar role
- Previous experience working with procurement and legal contracts would be an asset
- Previous experience working in a professional services firm would be an asset
- College degree or Bachelor’s degree an asset
- Proficiency with the full set of Microsoft Office with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficiency with Google Suite with advanced Google Sheets skills
- Effectively multitask and prioritize workload across multiple projects and with different stakeholders concurrently.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt and add value in a fast paced environment and who owns a task seeing it through to completion even amidst any uncertainties.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills, with an attention to detail.
- Clearly communicate (written and verbal) findings, options, and recommendations, and risks.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Work effectively in a virtual team environment and/or experience working in a global team across varying time zones considered a plus
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +