Project Accountant (12 month contract) Remote (Anywhere in Canada)
|Financial Services & Insurance||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Friday, November 19, 2021|
We are seeking 2 (TWO) experienced, Project Accountants to work with one of our top private clients. This position will be working within a team. This team is dynamic and high performing, with expertise in accounting and finance, IT, procurement and contracting, global operations, process improvement and data analytics. The team leads budgets, financial reporting, territory bill-to-cash and supplier procure-to-pay processes in support of these contracts. The team works closely with our Procurement teams to successfully manage its portfolio of suppliers and contracts including working to mitigate operational, financial and legal contract risks.
This position is a Monday - Friday position and the successful candidate can be located Anywhere in Canada, but must support PST office hours. Office hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm PST and overtime may be required at times. They work a 7.5 hour work day, 37.5 hour work week. This position would be paying $30.00/hour
This is a 12 month remote contract with a possibility of extension or permanency based on performance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supporting the administration, review and implementation of software licensing and IT services contracts with global or cross-territory participation.
- Reviewing contracts for deficiencies or errors and highlighting any inconsistencies.
- Generating purchase orders (POs) from executed contracts and/or ordering documents.
- Managing vendor relationships and becoming a source of vendor knowledge for the GLSC team.
- Regularly engaging with vendors and other stakeholders (internal and external) on invoicing queries, obtaining proper billing codes, and making adjustments, as necessary.
- Calculating cost allocations to individual territories and billing entities based on census or usage volumes.
- Maintaining reliable records and work product for later reference and auditing
- Supporting and completing other tasks, as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years working in a similar role
- Previous experience working with procurement and legal contracts would be an asset
- Previous experience working in a professional services firm would be an asset
- College degree or Bachelor’s degree an asset
- Proficiency with the full set of Microsoft Office with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficiency with Google Suite with advanced Google Sheets skills
- Effectively multitask and prioritize workload across multiple projects and with different stakeholders concurrently.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt and add value in a fast paced environment and who owns a task seeing it through to completion even amidst any uncertainties.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills, with an attention to detail.
- Clearly communicate (written and verbal) findings, options, and recommendations, and risks.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Work effectively in a virtual team environment and/or experience working in a global team across varying time zones considered a plus.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +