Privacy Advisor 1 Year Term
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, November 18, 2021|
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager, Information Management, Privacy and ATIP, the Privacy Advisor is responsible for providing support in the delivery of the following privacy requirements:
- Conduct privacy impact assessments and organizational reviews.
- Provide subject matter expertise and advice on potential Corporate privacy implications
- Support the Manager in the development of PIPEDA policy practices, processes and policy documents, including notice and consent requirements.
- Provide incident management and compliance.
- Help facilitate privacy training for management and staff to increase awareness and communicate importance of meeting privacy requirements throughout the organization.
- Conduct research and provide analysis and recommendations regarding privacy, best practices, legislation and regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a specialization in public administration, law, social sciences, accounting or another specialty relevant to the duties of the position;
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience working in a privacy environment;
- Knowledge of privacy methodologies and processes;
- Knowledge of and experience applying the Privacy Act and Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act;
- Experience leading projects;
- Experience researching, collecting and synthesizing information into a concise and cohesive summary;
- Experience writing and preparing policies, Privacy Impact Assessments, reports, briefing notes, plans and other documents;
- Experience working in a policy advisory capacity or similar service;
- Experience liaising with key stakeholders and preparing presentations and reports for senior management and external stakeholders.
- Meet the requirements for a valid Secret clearance (10 years' address history in Canada)
- Proficiency in English and French would be highly desired for the client's organization
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.