Library Technician - On-site
|Federal Government||UX/UI & Web Development|
|English verbal and written||Valid Enhanced Clearance|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, November 18, 2021|
Our federal government client is in need of a Library Technician to work on-site in Toronto. This contract is from January 4, 2022 until April 8, 2022. This is a full-time, Monday to Friday role working 8am - 4pm.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Catalogue print and electronic book and serials as well as other resources in the SIRSIDYNIX SYMPHONY integrated library system;
- Labeling and processing catalogued library material as well as adding copies;
- Preparing surplus library materials for disposal by creating and circulating lists of surplus library material;
- Sending surplus library material to requesting libraries;
- Box remaining surplus library material for disposal;
- Other supervised professional library duties as assigned by manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Successful completion of at least two (2) years approved post-secondary school training in library science or some other specialty relevant to the position with recent* work experience in a library.
- Recent* experience in cataloguing library material using one of the following major integrated library integrated systems: SYMPHONY, HORIZON or Ex Libris. (Recent is defined as a minimum of six (6) continuous months’ work in a library within the last three (3) years)
- Reliability level of security clearance.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
One to two weeks