Administrative Assistant - Calgary
|Engineering||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Wednesday, November 24, 2021|
Our client, one of Canada's leading engineering firms, is looking to bring on an experienced administrative assistant to join their team on a 4 month assignment.
Reporting to the Office Services Manager, the Administrative Assistant provides support to the Calgary office. In their fast-paced work environment, you will be responsible for carrying out a variety of tasks that are important to the operation and administration of the organization.
This position is covering a mat leave and will complete on April 29th, 2022. If you have 1-2 years' of related experience and strong multi-tasking skills, please apply!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Handle a busy multi-line switchboard
- Handle daily mail/courier packages
- Book and manage boardrooms; set up events, catering and ensure tidiness and clean-up
- Prepare supplies orders for general inventory
- Maintain supply stock at various photocopier stations throughout office
- Enter invoices into electronic AP system
- Email monthly invoices and statements to clients
- Provide back-up for word processing of documents in MS Word and MS Excel
- Provide back-up for Customer Relationship Management (CRM) contact entry
- Perform scanning, photocopying, binding, laminating tasks
- Perform accurate daily e-filing and interpret documents to keep filing up to date;
- Book conferences, educational seminars and business development events for staff
- Maintain toner usage for copier machines and troubleshoot issues
- Daily maintenance of kitchen areas: replenish supplies, general cleanliness
- Other tasks as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum completion of High School Diploma; Post-Secondary certificate/diploma from an administrative assistant program is considered an asset
- 1 to 2 years of related experience
- Familiarity with the professional services environment would be an asset
- Intermediate to advanced level skills with Microsoft Word, and Excel. The candidate should have a general aptitude for computer usage.
- Focused attention on detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge of database management
- Customer service oriented with exceptional phone and email etiquette
- Fast learner with a desire to grow professionally and personally
- Team player with ability to work independently and with minimal direction
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and stay focused
- Hard worker who readily and quickly assumes responsibility; who is punctual, dependable
- Positive and respectful attitude
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +