|Construction||Construction & Property Management|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Wednesday, November 17, 2021|
• Accurately interpret and comprehend tender drawings and specifications.
• Present all aspects of the project scope, staging, timing, constraints, risks, and potential cost saving opportunities and alternatives to bid teams and management.
• Contribute to the management and leadership of projects through the proposal stage, including involvement in team meetings.
• Provide Value engineering.
• Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering, quality, or availability of materials.
• Chair meetings and set project goals.
• Perform and/or direct quantity take-offs from tender drawings.
• Contribute to the risk assessment and management process -Identify risk areas and bring them to attention of risk manager. Contribute to the population of the Risk Register.
• Consistently and insightfully formulate all tender costs—labour, material, equipment, and procure subcontractor scope and costs—for quotation submission.
• Lead the estimate close-out process, including tender reviews and sub-proposal reviews and analysis.
• Lead the successful transition and handover of estimating documents to the project execution teams.
• “Own” the responsibilities of Estimators, Junior Estimators and Trainee Estimators, as relevant, and provide mentorship and guidance.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5-10 years’ minimum experience in civil, structures and/or buildings estimating within the construction industry.
- Experience working on large scale projects, including design-build.
- Experience reviewing work of junior estimators.
- Excellent working knowledge of various types of civils construction contracts (e.g. Lump Sum, Cost Reimbursable, Unit Price, Target, Guaranteed Maximum Price, etc.)
- Working knowledge of industry standards, specifications, standards, contract language/Terms and Conditions/Bonding etc.
- In addition, incumbents will be required to demonstrate deep civils technical expertise and understanding of regulatory requirements in one or more operating markets (Civils, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, etc.…)
- High degree of excellence at performing investigations of each tender and accurately review and incorporate all site conditions that impact bid costs, ensure constructability. Leads and mentor others in this process.
- Consistent and effective at successfully negotiating with vendors for project purchasing needs, conforming procurement requirements including budgets and terms and conditions.
- Expert level understanding of balanced/un-balanced bids and forecasting margins at the tender stage.
- Coherently presents the essence/strategy of a completed estimate to management, defend its constructability, and defend calculated cost targets at a detailed level.
- Expertise in submitting written requests for clarifications from clients.
- An expert in the job handover process (from estimating to operations)
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks