Executive & Personal Assistant
|Permanent||From: $65,000.00 To: $70,000.00|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Tuesday, November 23, 2021|
The Executive & Personal Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President & CEO.
This role also serves as a liaison to senior management, organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts, and oversees special projects. The Executive & Personal Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission and results driven as well as community oriented. The successful candidate will be able to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing, and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, arranging complex and detailed travel plans (both personal and business), itineraries, and agendas and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the President & CEO's time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of, the President & CEO on matters related to the President & CEO's programmatic initiatives.
- Research, prioritizes and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President & CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal staff; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with staff.
- Work closely and effectively with the President & CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President & CEO updated.
- Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence and other tasks that facilitate the President & CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously, proactively and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Ensures that the President's bio is kept updated and respond to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general.
- Compile and submit the required documentation for the President & CEO’s annual personal income tax to the accounting firm.
- Prepare daily briefing documents for CEO including meeting details, materials, purpose and 1-week calendar look ahead.
- Prepare and process requisitions, releases, payment of invoices with accurate coding and preparation of expense reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for an individual who can fulfill the following requirements:
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives.
- Solid organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Emotional maturity.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency using Office 365 and the full suite of Microsoft Office applications (particularly SharePoint, Teams, Power Automate, One Drive, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Sign.
- Required to maintain confidentiality and discretion as it relates to the Executive office.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.