Intermediate Accountant - Music & Entertainment
|Entertainment||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, November 25, 2021|
Our client in the North York area is seeking a client focused and outgoing intermediate accountant/ senior bookkeeper to join their growing team on a permanent, full time basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in the professional music industry with incredible growth potential. 70% of this role will involve full cycle bookkeeping and accounting, and the other 30% will be focused on assisting and coordinating personal aspects of clients portfolio's, including but not limited to: vetting of contracts, coordinating bus tours, setting up property taxes, etc (training provided).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitoring bank accounts daily for sufficient funds and checking credit card balances regularly
- Pulling weekly payables and obtaining approval on each payment from either client or management
- Accounts payable and Accounts receivable administration
- Posting entries to be reviewed by manager and following up on Receivables
- Budget vs actual report generation and analysis
- Keeping track of due dates for various items (HST, ETD, grant filing, reporting etc.)
- Initiating tax reduction applications for international touring
- Review books for completeness in preparation for year end filings
- Reconcile bank accounts and intercompany accounts
- Communicating with clients and their teams on day to day financial matters
Qualifications and Experience
- 1-2 years of experience in corporate accounting/bookkeeping.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or equivalent experience
- High proficiency in Excel. Seen as an asset if you have used QuickBooks Online (QBO).
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Willingness to go outside of the job description and have a positive "can-do" attitude
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +