Mechanical Designer- Construction
|Engineering||Construction & Property Management|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Wednesday, November 17, 2021|
Our client, a prominent construction firm, who define & design premium, multi-family apartment communities, is currently seeking for a MECHANICAL DESIGNER to join their Design and Engineering Team on a full time basis. This is an exciting position, located in the west end of Ottawa, which offers a competitive base and benefits package. This ideal candidate will bring along 3-5 years of relevant experience, strong technical skills with the ability to diagnose problems and have a solid understanding of building codes!!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and draft plumbing, mechanical and fire protection systems for new residential rental projects.
- Identify and prevent design issues; find and share viable solutions on an ongoing basis
- Review construction site mechanical, plumbing, and fire protection on-going work to ensure compliance with design, specifications, and industry best practices
- Identify and propose process and method improvement to the building development life cycle from design through construction and maintenance
- Work closely with construction team to ensure design questions and issues are dealt with in real time
- Manage your time and work efficiently and provide clear accurate progress reports and forecast timelines
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Diploma in Mechanical Design or equivalent experience on tools.
- Experience with AutoCAD and REVIT
- Drivers license & means of transportation
- Solid understanding of building codes including OBC, NFPA and all others related to mechanical design
- Other computer skills; Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
If you are interested, please apply directly on our website or email Judy with an updated resume at email@example.com
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks