Tax Manager 100% remote
|Financial Services & Insurance||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Friday, November 19, 2021|
Our client within the public accounting industry is seeking a Tax Manager to join their team on a full-time and permanent basis. Our client offers an excellent total rewards/compensation package, a fantastic work culture and the flexibility to work 100% remote. We are open to candidates across Canada!
If you are a Subject Matter Expert in Canadian tax and are looking for the right career jump, this would be an exciting opportunity for you!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Year-end compilation engagements, including financial statements and letters
- Corporate tax returns, including federal and provincial filings for clients operating across multiple jurisdictions
- T4s, T5s and other relevant slips as required
- Tax election forms and information returns
- Personal tax returns
- Manage relationships with clients and key stakeholders in connection with tax engagements
- Contribute to client calls involving complex tax situations and issues
- Work with clients and the team on tax advisory and planning engagements
- Provide tax technical mentorship and guidance to the team
- Plan and lead responses to CRA audits and notices, including review of supporting documents prepared by the team and overseeing communication to the client and CRA
- Remain up to date on new tax legislation and case law, including updates at the provincial level for all provinces across Canada
Qualifications and Experience
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Tech savvy with the ability to learn new software programs easily
- CPA Designation
- 5 years of experience in public accounting, primarily focused in Tax Services
- Completion or enrollment in CPA In-Depth Tax Program
- Subject Matter Expert in Canadian tax
- Knowledge of Canadian accounting frameworks
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
Please apply directly and also email me your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. I can also be reached at 647-250-8525 to discuss this role in further.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +