Project Accountant Permanent Opportunity
|Construction||Finance & Accounting|
|See Description||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Monday, November 22, 2021|
Altis Recruitment has partnered with an industry leader in construction and property management. We are looking for a well versed Project Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. This role will be a Hybrid (work from home and on-site) opportunity.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Development team to understand the status of various activities for each development project and to ensure that supplier invoices are coded in accordance with the current budget.
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of the payables and payment’s function, including invoice approval, data entry and cheque printing.
- Enter and maintain supplier contracts in the accounting system.
- Prepare and execute other financial activities, such as fee calculations, account reconciliations, monthly HST filings and miscellaneous invoicing and collections.
- Compile monthly financial files for each assigned company for review, including bank reconciliations and accruals, ensuring that adequate documentation exists.
- As part of the monthly file preparation, review job costs against the current budget to identify any potential significant overspending.
- Provide support in the preparation of financial budgets and cash flow forecasts.
- Support the Controller in building annual financial files for assigned companies, including gathering all necessary supporting documents and backup.
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of existing spreadsheets, reports and processes.
- Maintain electronic and paper filing systems for assigned companies. This includes scanning.
- Perform other duties as may arise from time to time as directed by the Controller.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education with a concentration in accounting is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient use of various software, including the Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Experience using an ERP system or other complex accounting system, would be an asset. Experience using Yardi or Newstar would be considered an asset.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +