Finance Manager Non-profit/Charitable Organization
|Non-Profit||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check vulnerable sector|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, November 16, 2021|
Our Nonprofit client located in the Great Toronto Area is looking to hire a Finance Manager to oversee their transactional accounting teams.
The ideal candidate has experience working in the nonprofit space in a senior finance capacity.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic financial advice, the leadership team & Board of Directors including applicable finance and audit committees. This includes monthly and annual financial statements and reports, including appropriate analysis and recommendations
- Review reports on all accounting activities including accounts payables, accounts receivable, account reconciliations, billing and collections
- Maintain a contract and financial management reporting system, ensuring effective tracking and compliance systems against contract deliverables and obligations; develop, maintain and monitor policies and procedures to guarantee appropriate internal controls
- Prepare annual and quarterly submissions to funders in cooperation
- Provide strategic and operational oversight of all management information systems, as well as ensuring linkage and integration of systems
- Plan and implement information technology initiatives and enterprise information systems to support the business operations
- Responsible for the leadership, innovation, governance, and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor operational and strategic risks
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial management/leadership experience and hold a Canadian CPA designation
- Graduate/Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Commerce and/or relevant years of experience.
- Experience in the non-profit sector applying and reporting for various government grants.
- Effective communicator with strong ability to present ideas and get buy in from both finance and non-finance partners
- Strong team building and leadership skills
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
This employer offers:
Health and Dental Benefits
3 weeks' vacation
If you're interested, please apply online today by clicking on the link below.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
Two weeks +