Legal Assistant - Provincial Government
|Provincial Government||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, November 23, 2021|
We are currently staffing a Legal Assistant for our prestigious, Provincial Government clients in downtown Toronto. The role is set to start as soon as possible, and is available ON SITE only at Bay and Dundas. The opportunity is a CONTRACT role until the end of the year, with a possibility to continue extending.
The Legal Assistant will act as the workflow coordinator for other support services including delegating and reviewing the completion of document production, file management, copying/scanning work and other administrative work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform full clerical, administrative, organizational and general office duties for the lawyers as assigned.
- Receive all incoming mail and direct/prioritize accordingly.
- Set up and maintain filing systems, utilizing knowledge of legal records and procedures and frequently controls confidential materials and documents.
- Enter dockets daily and other reports as requested.
- Liaise with clients, courts and opposing counsel in a professional, effective and efficient manner.
- Follow proper file opening and closure procedures, coordinate file closings, and arrange for storage of closed files.
- Manage scheduling and prepare material for meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience supporting legal professionals, preferably in the area of Family Law.
- Possess strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Have strong communication skills in English; oral and written.
- Proficient in PC Law
Please note that our client has a strict vaccination policy in place.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30a to 4:30p
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks