Strategic Policy Consultant
|Federal Government||Administration & Clerical|
|See Description||Valid Enhanced Clearance|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Monday, November 15, 2021|
If you are a strategic policy analyst seeking new government opportunities, please apply today!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparing documents on current and emerging issues, including briefing materials, position papers, speaking points, policy research, etc
- Identifying data and information requirements to determine the implications of policy proposals and developments on a specific Department or Agency
- Writing and developing strategic policy documents such as: Memoranda to Cabinet (MCs), Treasury Board Submissions and Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs)
- Assisting in the development of policy positions and strategy options or advice
- Participating in interdepartmental briefings and consultations on policy
- Analyzing the effect of policy strategies and positions on initiatives
- Tracking and monitoring issues related to specific policies
- Participating in long-term policy tracking and analysis
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience
- Completion of a degree in a relevant field, from a recognized post secondary institution
- Familiarity with central agency policy structures is a strong asset
- Prior business experience working with scientific, technical and/or engineering departments is an asset
- Valid Secret clearance
- Proficiency in English and French
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.