|Property Management & Real Estate||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Friday, November 12, 2021|
Our client in Property Management, is looking for a Property Accountant to join their team! This is a fulltime permanent position located Downtown Toronto. This company will be returning to fulltime in office schedule starting in December. The ideal candidate comes with 3-5 years of experience as a Property Accountant or a Junior Accountant and is looking to join a company with a great culture and learning opportunities.
The Property Accountant is responsible for all aspects of property level financial reporting for an assigned portfolio within Client Reporting. The position works closely with Property Managers, Regional Property Managers, and clients, and may take direction from the Controller, or Senior Vice President. A successful Property Accountant ensures the timeliness and accuracy of financial reporting to the client.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Property Managers, Regional Property Managers, Asset Managers, and clients on properties within assigned portfolio to ensure activity is recorded and reports are prepared in agreement with client requirements and the applicable accounting principles.
- Provides direction and support to site-level team members within assigned portfolio to ensure activity is recorded in agreement with client requirements and the applicable accounting principles.
- Prepares financial statements for an assigned portfolio in agreement with client requirements and the applicable accounting principles.
- Analyzes property-level activity and financial reports to identify and correct irregularities as well as ensure accurate representation of the property’s operational and financial position.
- Monitors trust and partnership accounts, as well as manages cash needs, cash disbursements, and transfers between properties. Reports cash deficits to Regional Property Manager, Portfolio Manager, and client as required.
- Performs (or assists with) the accounting setup of newly acquired properties or final accounting of lost properties, as assigned.
- Reviews 3rd party audit findings for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Supports and enforces internal controls established by the department and company, and discloses any weaknesses relating to such controls or the lack thereof.
- Ensures the timely payment of all critical payments including, but not limited to, mortgages, property taxes, property insurance, and owner distributions.
- Reviews and interprets Property Management Agreements for billable services.
Qualifications and Experience
- An analytical background with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
- 2-5 years of experience as a Property or Junior Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other comparable business-related degree
- Advanced Excel skills
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, while exercising interdependence within an assigned team
- Experience with Yardi Voyager considered an asset
Have questions about this job posting? Email direct to Julie@altisrecruitment.com - Due to the high volume of applicants only those shortlisted will be contacted.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
Two weeks +