Junior Staff Accountant - No Experience Required!
|Transportation & Logistics||Finance & Accounting|
|See Description||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, January 13, 2022|
Our client located in Ottawa is continuously growing and looking to add a Staff Accountant to their team on a full-time permanent basis. Our client has a great environment where there are lots of opportunities to grow and demonstrate your abilities. The successful candidate will be assisting the team in all areas of accounting and have a strong understanding of accounting principles.
We are open to considering candidates with limited experience but a completed education in the accounting field. This position has an entry level salary, starting at $40,000. It includes vacation and a comprehensive benefits package
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support with cash deposits, entering approved credits and performing cash reconciliations
- Follow up with customers on outstanding receivables to reduce bad debt
- Set up new customers on the system
- Review, verify and send billing to customers
- Assist with payroll and pension remittances
- Support with month end functions such as preparing journal entries, prepaid expenses, intercompany transactions and tracking statistics to prepare various reports
- Update daily profit and loss statements and projections
- Provide support to the accounting department in all functions as required and acting as back up
Qualifications and Experience
- 0-3 years of experience in accounting
- Proficiency with MS Office/Excel
- Manage and prioritize multiple assignments
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility and provide efficient, timely, accurate, quality service to your clients
- Preference will be given to candidates pursuing a designation
- Bilingual in French and English
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks