Case Management Advisor
|Financial Services & Insurance||Human Resources|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, November 11, 2021|
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide guidance on disability management principles, processes and procedures
- Provide ongoing guidance and advice and prepare and facilitate training sessions for Operations staff to support increased disability management knowledge where needed
- Provide expert advice to the Consultant, HR, operational partners regarding both general and specific return-to work and rehabilitation issues.
- Review claim files on a regular basis to coordinate case management and return to function planning.
- Coordinate disability claim management to support safe and early return to work as well as obtaining approval to support return to function plans.
- Review claim files to determine if claims decisions or referrals are appropriate and prepare a summary and recommendations considering alternative solutions (if necessary)
- Utilize Recovery Specialist feedback to continually improve delivery of services.
- Support the development of HR related quality indicators in day-to-day operations such as continuous quality improvement.
- Model behaviour that is consistent with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Remain current on Disability Management trends, issues and best practices through literature review, contact with peers at other organizations and attendance at seminars, workshops and educations programs.
- Develops and delivers content for various interventions and training as needed and called for.
Qualifications and Experience
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in a related field and direct related experience in Disability Case management in an intermediate to large organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of disability management principles and best practices.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to changing priorities and manage a demanding workload, and being guided by policies and procedures, regulations, legislation, and collective agreements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and engage others to ensure success in the workplace.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of a team and to work independently.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks
Two weeks +