People & Culture Manager
|Permanent||From: $100,000.00 To: $120,000.00|
|Broader Public Sector||Human Resources|
|Fluent French and English||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Monday, November 22, 2021|
Our client, a crown corporation in Ottawa, is seeking to bring a People & Culture Manager to their team. You will report to the Director of People & Culture and also lead a small team of HR professionals.
This role offers a flexible base salary, 4 weeks vacation, additional Christmas shutdown, 15 sick days, 3 floater days (carry over), full benefits, pension plan (similar to federal government), hybrid model and more!
Please note: If you are working in the government, your vacation and pension will be transferred to this role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver HR solutions to leadership teams and employees that also support the business objectives/plans
- Participate in strategic operational meetings to make decisions on HR issues, processes, systems and KPI's
- Ensure best practices are being applied across the organization
- Collaborate with Centres of Excellence (in compensation, Talent Management Solutions, and Labour & Employee Relations)
- Manage a team of 4 HR professionals providing front-line HR support in areas of talent acquisition, workforce planning, job classifications, organizational design, employee relations, performance management, training & development, succession planning, official languages and employment equity.
- Act as the head of staffing in the organization and make decisions on employment offers
Qualifications and Experience
- 10+ years of talent acquisition/talent management experience
- Diploma/Degree in Human Resources or related
- Must be fluently bilingual in French and English at an advanced level
- Previous experience managing a team of HR professionals
- Strong experience with organizational design and job classification
- Strong experience with employee relations, performance management, as well as learning & development
- Experience with making recommendations to senior management regarding talent management
- Experience leading change & improvement initiatives (for example, recruitment strategies, process changes, learning gaps, etc)
- Strong knowledge of legislative requirements of Employment Equity, Human Rights and Official Languages
- Experience working for a global organization an asset
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks
One to two weeks