Human Resources Business Partner - 12 month contract
|Broader Public Sector||Human Resources|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Wednesday, November 10, 2021|
Our client, a well-established and reputable Government Agency organization is seeking an HR Business Partner for an 12 month contract (with possibility of extension). This is a hybrid onsite position working out of their Downtown Toronto office and remotely from home, and will give you the opportunity provide valuable HR services and input to an organization of 300 unionized and non-unionized employees.
Total compensation package include $75,000 - 85,000 per annum, 6% vacation pay, parking pass.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with the coordination and facilitation of training activities as well as initiatives intended to support the organization’s transformation; facilitate training workshops as needed
- Address employee relations issues in consultation with managers, escalating as appropriate
- Conduct investigations of employee relations matters
- In consultation with stakeholders, organize and execute the organization’s employee engagement survey, feedback and action plans
- Maintain disability and attendance management programs; partner with Payroll & Benefits, Managers and Supervisors to manage disability management cases including return to work plans and accommodation requests
- Partner with Human Resources Coordinator to support recruitment and selection of roles at all levels of the organization; oversee the on-boarding process of new hires
- Oversee the on-boarding process of new hires including arrival preparations, and first-day orientations for new employees. Adapt orientation/onboarding as needed
- Support administration and interpretation of the company’s Collective Agreements and existing policies and programs with managers on a day-to-day basis
- Maintain HR metrics data/summaries relating to recruiting and HR lead initiatives. Maintain accurate documentation/reporting
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of progressive human resources experience in a professional organizational, with at least 3 years in an HR Generalist capacity
- Undergraduate degree in human resources, industrial relations or related discipline from a recognized university
- Strong knowledge of SAP SuccessFactors is a definite asset
- Very strong communication, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills, outstanding interpersonal skills and natural ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills and the ability to act independently
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and continuous improvement
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.