Junior Communications Consultant - Bilingual
|Federal Government||Marketing & Communications|
|English 100%, French 70%||Valid Secret Clearance|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Tuesday, November 9, 2021|
Our government client has a requirement for a Junior Communications consultant to provide support and services with standards on internal and external publications in a legal setting.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Apply writing standards to internal and external publications.
- Reading and editing more complex materials prior to publishing to detect and correct errors in spelling, grammar, syntax and to ensure consistency in style and tone
- Formatting a variety of documents to meet guidelines
- Conferring with authors, writers and others regarding revisions to materials
- Verifying facts, dates and statistics using standard reference sources
- Applying and verifying the application of federal government standards to materials
- Reading and evaluating manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication
- Reviewing and depersonalizing reports to remove protected and/or personal information before publication
- Planning and maintaining production schedules for publications
- Reviewing and approving proofs submitted by other team members
- Initiating or approving the editing of articles, handbooks, manuals and web site content production
- Maintaining style guides and templates and updating procedures as required
- Coordinating the activities of other team members
Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Relevant certificate, diploma or degree from a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of experience within the federal government
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- BBB French language profile
- Secret level of security clearance
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Less than one week