Administrative Assistant - Downtown Vancouver
|Permanent||From: $50,000.00 To: $60,000.00|
|Financial Services & Insurance||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Friday, November 12, 2021|
Our client in the financial services industry is looking to bring on an administrative assistant to their Downtown Vancouver office. The majority of the office have been working from home due to COVID-19, however, as restrictions have been adapting over the last few weeks they have been holding more in person meetings and are needing in office support.
This role will be primarily providing support with meeting planning and arrangements as well as attending the meetings to take minutes and ensure they run smoothly. There is some reception duties required, however, the office only receives approximately 10 calls per day so it is primarily an administrative role.
Your mission is to ensure cleanliness and functionality of their office spaces, assisting in the project management process, supporting our team and allowing them to work as efficiently as possible.
The ideal candidate is someone who has the ability to be enthusiastic, team-oriented and has a positive attitude to work alongside a group of high-performing individuals.
This role required to be in office, as it is assisting to manage the office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be the go-to person for all office related matters
- Perform routine administrative duties including preparing agenda packages, generating calendar invitations, completing room bookings and recording and transcribing meeting minutes
- Type letters, reports and other documents
- Assisting in research and sourcing materials for projects
- Organize files and keep records
- Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
- Provide Reception service and information to callers/visitors as appropriate
- Answer incoming calls in a timely manner
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Oversee/manage office supplies, copier, and printer
- Ensure all areas of the office remain tidy
- Travel 2 times per month to our other office (Fraser Valley) for meetings
- Other duties are required.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5 years of related experience in an Administrative Assistant role;
- Demonstrated relationship building skills and organizational skills;
- Exceptional verbal communication and business writing skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Enthusiastic, able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Proven ability to respond quickly in a fast-paced work environment;
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); being comfortable with technology in general is an asset.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.