Architectural Co‐ordinator (Contract Role)
|Construction||Construction & Property Management|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Monday, November 29, 2021|
Under the general direction of the Director, Design & Engineering, the Architectural Coordinator
provides administrative support by assisting with tracking project data and preparing
monthly project status reports. In addition, this position will assist with preparation of subconsultant
Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and will prepare related purchase order request
documents for processing by others and agreement packages for approval and issuance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Receives, prepares and processes all contract administration (CA) documents (e.g.shop drawings, contemplated change notices, change orders, site instructions certificates of payment etc.) for architect’s review and approval. Circulates, tracks, logs and files all CA documents.
- As the department’s main point of contact and representative of the Architect, attends and participates in all site meetings, conducts site review visits and drafts reports for
- Architect’s approval. Circulates, tracks and files documents.
- Evaluates and resolves site coordination and construction related issues in consultation with, and with the approval of, the Architects and Sub-consultants.
- Coordinates the preparation of drawings or sketches in support of the contract administration (CA) process with drafting staff. Asks drafting staff to edit drawings/sketches to ensure clarity, accuracy and completeness. May also be required to independently prepare drawings and sketches.
- Follows up with clients, contractors, consultants and other University departments to obtain missing documents or pending information. required for information gathering purposes.
- Receives project close-out documents and reviews against project requirements for completeness and follows up until complete. Once complete, provides documents to the Architects for final review and approval. Prepares record of transmittal of closeout documents and circulates documents to the Project Managers for archiving.
- Maintains paper and electronic records of all contract administration (CA) documents including maintaining document logs and archiving records at close of project.
- Assists with site investigation and documentation when required.
- Attends project design and coordination meetings and drafts minutes of meetings when required.
- Assists with producing presentation materials for design presentations including
- sample boards, charts, graphs, diagrams, drawings and sketches when required.
- Conducts product research under the direction of the Architects and liaises with product suppliers.
- Liaises with the City of Toronto for the submission of documents for permits.
- Maintains knowledge of construction and documentation standards, approaches and new technologies.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable statutes, regulations, building codes and by-laws.
- Administrative Support to the Director, Design & Engineering 15%
- Provides administrative support to the Director by assisting with tracking project data and preparing standard monthly project status reports with project costs and ensures accuracy of figures.
- Assists with the preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for the selection of outside sub-consultants and prepares sub-consultant agreement documents for approval and issuance.
- Tracks sub-consultant purchase order requests and sub-consultant agreement packages.
- Issues sub-consultant agreement packages upon purchase order approval.
- Scans and/or archives project files and maintains archival records.
- Develops and prepares templates or standard forms as directed by Director.
- Other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of a 3-Year Advanced Diploma from a recognized Architectural Technologist
- Program and a member in good standing with the Association of Architectural Technologists
- of Ontario, or an Intern Architect with the OAA possessing a professional degree in
- Must have a minimum eight (8) years’ demonstrated experience in an architectural office
- independently leading contract administration (CA) and construction site review activities as
- well as demonstrated experience independently undertaking a full range of architectural
- duties including client liaison, drawing preparation and coordination.
- Must demonstrate a full understanding of building science, be familiar with a wide variety of
- construction materials, construction methods/techniques and architectural detailing as well as
- the impacts of the architectural design and design changes on engineering disciplines and the
- construction process.
- Must have good working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, applicable statutes,
- regulations and by-laws.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, MS Project),
- advanced proficiency in AutoCAD 2020 and intermediate proficiency in 3D modelling
- software (e.g. Sketch-up). Proficiency with Powerpoint, Photoshop and InDesign is an asset.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) with
- a strong sense of diplomacy and ability to work in a team environment as well as
- Must demonstrate sound judgement and good reasoning skills.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks