Architect (With Seal)
|Permanent||From: $93,000.00 To: $108,000.00|
|Construction||Construction & Property Management|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Monday, November 29, 2021|
Our client, within the education industry, is actively seeking an Architect to join their engineering and design division. This position will focus on contracts administration for a $20M renovation/addition project and will need to take the lead in construction and working with the Project Architect.
**Please note this is a 2 year contract**
The suitable candidate will be fully-licensed, with seal, and have notable experience in successfully designing facilities within Institutional or other construction projects. The successful candidate will have 5 years’ professional experience in architectural design and implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering project design, budget, scheduling, planning, specification development, construction administration, and challenge resolution during construction.
- Balancing the design on multiple projects at any given time, by relying on internal and external resources to manage successful delivery of project design based on structured timeline, and given budget.
- Applying oneself creatively to provide practical and innovative designs for customers, while maintaining quality requirements and company standards.
- Liaise with clients, consultants and contractors.
- Contracts Administration.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture from an accredited University; or Bachelor Degree in Applied Science.
- 5 years experience within North America designing facilities within the ICI sector.
- Good standing with OAA.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD & Revit.
- Familiar with Ontario Building Code and National Building Code.
- Strong knowledge of structural, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Excellent graphic presentation skills.
- Confident, assertive, and professional team player/leader who works efficiently under pressure.
- 3D Modelling skills is an asset.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
If qualified and interested, please apply below or email Nisha at Nisha@altisrecruitment.com
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks