|Property Management & Real Estate||Construction & Property Management|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, November 4, 2021|
Altis Professional Services is actively looking to hire a Controller for a vibrant and busy organization in the Automotive industry located in Downtown Toronto. The ideal candidate will possess or be working toward a CPA designation, and will have 5-7 years of progressive experience working in a senior finance and accounting function, with the most recent 2 years in a Controllership capacity. The individual will report to the CFO.
This is an exciting permanent opportunity, looking to start immediately, that offers excellent benefits package. and perks.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee day to day operations, business and administration of the Corporate Office
- Leading the reporting and analysis for the corporate office, business lines and investment holdings
- Preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Consolidation of company-wide financial results
- Annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting for corporate office and business lines
- Oversee all external/regulatory reporting of corporate office and business lines
- Lead the Corporate Accounting team in all aspects of corporate accounting, reporting and taxation
- Responsible for all taxation services and government filings and compliance including annual income tax filings and goods and services taxes
- Reporting to third party investors
- Oversee banking relationships and administration of all banking services company wide
- Lead the Accounts Payable Team, at corporate office and sites in all aspects of supplier payment and process management
- Lead various finance projects and initiatives and partner with other functions in analytical support
- Oversee and administer the organization’s financial reporting tools and systems
- Lead the Finance team and the IT deparment in the implementation and upgrades of systems and technologies as they relate to the accounting function
- Drive initiatives to promote streamlined processes, automation, operational efficiency and enhanced internal controls
- Oversee internal controls company wide
Qualifications and Experience
- Must haves: CPA, CA. Minimum 7 years of experience; at least 4 years in public accounting followed by at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Passion for financial reporting and operational excellence
- Proficiency in Yardi, and implementation of IT initiatives an asset
- High degree of accuracy and analytical skills
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks