Health and Safety Manager
|Energy & Utilities||Human Resources|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, November 9, 2021|
Our prestigious Government Agency client is currently seeking a Health and Safety Manager to join their team! This hybrid opportunity offers 3 days working from home and 2 days in-office in Mississauga, ON. This position will be primarily focused on Occupational Health and Safety with some Labour Relations responsibilities. We will be seeking candidates with extensive Health and Safety experience within an unionized environment.
The successful candidate will provide professional advice and guidance to clients and stakeholders relating to complex technical/operational issues that may arise within the scope of the assigned H&S programs. This position also provides support to the employee and labour relations function and involves working with highly confidential employee matters and sensitive company information.
Roles and Responsibilities
- HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- Plan, Develop, implement, coordinate, evaluate, and update H&S policies, procedures and programs, ensuring safe work practices and policies
- Ensure compliance with H&S legislation, policy development, education and training; for example, Harassment, Discrimination & Violence in the Workplace, AODA, WHMIS, etc.
- Provide H&S training as required or requested and manage the training matrix to ensure compliance with legislated training requirements
- Acts as lead in representing management in matters of H&S with the government, associations and other outside agencies
- LABOUR RELATIONS:
- Provide program support for the administration and delivery of employee and labour relations to other HR functions and occasionally to line management
- Participate in collective bargaining, arbitrations, grievance hearings, etc. as required
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- 6+ years of relevant Health and Safety experience, both with strategic planning and hands-on execution
- Proven knowledge of, and experience with, applicable H&S legislation; familiarity with other employment related legislation and best practices
- Experience working in a unionized environment with an understanding of Labour Relations and associated processes
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Certification in Health and Safety is a definite asset
This full-time, permanent opportunity offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Apply today for immediate consideration!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.