Bilingual Communications Manager - Hybrid (1 day on-site)
|Non-Profit||Marketing & Communications|
|See Description||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, November 4, 2021|
Our established client is looking for a Bilingual Communications Manager to join their dynamic communications team! This is a permanent position working in the regulatory space, located in the heart of Downtown Toronto.
This is an excellent opportunity to work a HYBRID model, with great total compensation package including vacation, health & dental benefits and RRSP matching.
The successful candidate must have 5-7 years of experience working with the following: media relations, communications planning for ministry and/or government, public outreach, and managing a team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning, development and execution of strategic internal and external communications and outreach materials.
- Providing advice and guidance on public affairs, media relations, issues management to the board, CEO & Management team.
- Overseeing the day to day operations of the Communications department.
- Effectively plan, manage and develop outreach materials.
- Cultivating relationships to promote public awareness and understanding of the Association.
- Preparing information to be released publicly through social media and media.
- Proactively managing issues including crisis communications.
- Monitoring and maintaining corporate branding, identity standards and communications policies.
- Supporting recruitment, training & development of a strong Communications team.
- Supporting the communications budget to support planned Communications activities/initiatives.
- Preparing activity reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven ability to execute, design and measure successful communications strategies.
- Experience in outreach/ stakeholder engagement.
- Ability to maintain & develop professional relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Experience with media relations, social media & digital engagement.
- Proven success in change management initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, English & French, written and verbal.
- Strong conflict resolution & problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of regulatory spaces, governance & communication protocols.
- Ability to be adaptable, quick-thinking, and flexible under complex and challenging situations.
- Experience working with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Mail Chimp, Hootsuite.
- A bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or a relevant field.
- Direct experience working in a regulatory space.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks
Two weeks +
One to two weeks